One pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari – Enhealthy.com2 min read
Just one pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes in tin
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup or agave + ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 250g medium entire wheat orzo
- 1kg calamari rings ( 500gr chopped in 3 cm parts and 500gr in rings)
- Salt pepper
- 2 cups hot drinking water
- 2-3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a substantial cooking pot about medium-significant heat.
- Increase the minced garlic and prepare dinner for a moment stirring with a wood spoon. Add the chopped tomatoes from the tin and stir. Add 50 % of the chopped basil, vinegar, carob, honey, onion powder & stir.
- Increase calamari parts and rings, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut down heat to medium. Stir in the orzo and prepare dinner for a moment, stirring at times.
- Pour in the hot water minimal by minor stirring constantly with a wood spoon. The orzo will take up it immediately. It normally takes about 15 minutes for the orzo to cook dinner this way and turn into al dente. Not too comfortable when you bite it. Include the relaxation of the chopped basil leaves.
- So, once you have stirred in all the water and the orzo has cooked to al dente, choose the pot off the warmth and enable stand for a handful of minutes. The more orzo sits the more it absorbs the sauce so never fret if the sauce would not seem as thick. It will get there even if it really is taken off from the warmth.
- Provide orzo with a great deal of freshly ground pepper, drizzle with olive oil on prime with basil leaves.
(Visited 440 moments, 2 visits now)